Old January 27th 05, 04:25 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"SR" wrote in message
Years ago when I first came online, if you wanted to join a mailing list,
you would normally subscribe to Majordomo, Listserve or Listproc.

These email mailing list programs where difficult to use at first, but
after a while they were cool to use.

I wonder which of these mailing program came out first?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a host address, that I could use the
NETWIDE or LIST command, so that I could then find a mailing list to join?

I hope that they are not disappearing like BBS & TELNET. And I hope that
newsgroups as we have them do not disappear either!

Some could say, well, people are making computerizing user-friendly. And I
had always said: User-friendly is User Limited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I still use Qbasic and DOS!

It is funny because, even in the computer age, some people could be
old fasion like me. LOL!

73!

That's funny...I was debating the other day whether I should delete my
library of QBasic programs or not. I think I'll keep it, actually.

BBSs and Telnet are/were near and dear to my heart - those really
were the days. Remember Fidonet? (getting all choked up now, heh heh)

The "cyberworld" (as it existed 15 years ago) was a friendlier, text-based
world.

73,

Steve