Old January 27th 05, 04:44 PM
Mark S. Holden

Lucky wrote:

What does it have to do with it? There are many SSB stations I would have to
listen to with loads of interference if I didn't have them.
Some I wouldn't be able to continue listening to at all.

Lucky

They're just the features you've learned to use to compensate for problems
you've faced.

On my 7030+ I've installed exceptionally good filters with very steep skirts, so
I rarely need to tweak the PBT to eliminate interference.

But the real reason I added those filters was the ones that came with the radio
were too wide or too narrow for me. The fact better filters simplified using
the radio was just a bonus.

On the Harris, I just use the sync detector and coherent AGC and it sounds
beautiful.

The HF-150 is one of those radios hardly anyone complains about - I never bought
one, but I spent a while looking for the Europa version before I ended up with
my 7030+. I wanted as much performance as I could get in the smallest possible
package, and it had to be reasonably practical to run on rechargeable
batteries.

I'm very happy with the decision I made, but if I'd found a HF-150 Europa first,
I probably would have gone for it. (and then I'd probably have tried the 7030
anyway)