Old January 27th 05, 05:52 PM
Sarco

You hit it right on the head...."I personally think CW is an amazing
mode." However, many do not think it is "amazing". Just because they
disagree with you on this, does not mean they are "lazy".
The function of antenna's and building home brew antennas is also in the
written test. Let's make people writing the test be able to show the
instructor how to build every possible antenna ever designed. They may
be trapped behind a wall somewhere, and need to construct a J-Pole on
the spot!....good God....come out of the dark ages. If people want to
actually WORK CW, then they should be tested on it.

"Adair Winter" wrote in
om:

"bob" wrote in message
(Heck, I passed 10 and 15, and people complain about 5?? You can look
the darn letters up on a chart at that that speed.)

Exactly, people are just lazy, I passed a 20WPM code test becase "I"
wanted to prove to myself that I was willing to learn and EARN my
privledges not get them handed to me. We live in a microwave centered
society where the vast majorty of people just arn't willing to extend
themselves a little. I agree change is always a hard thing to swollow
but I value what amateur radio is to me and I think it's very sad when
someone isn't willing to spend 15-20mins a day for a month to sit down
and learn something.. Personally I think CW is an amazing mode,
because it can be used anywhere, not just in radio. If I'm trapped in
a room I can tap it on a wall or I can send it with a flashlight,
etc.... I'm not one of those people who thinks we should revert back
to talking like they did in the 1800's however I believe that Amateur
Radio was built on the principle of morse code and don't see whats
wrong with keeping it in our history.. I bet most everyone in here had
to study and take some form of driving test to get your dirvers
license, I suppose we should stop doing that because it's to hard? The
way I see it, you drop the code eventlly someone will want to drop the
written test. If I wanted that I'd go buy a bunch of CB, MURS, FRS or
GMRS radios and find someone to talk to.
Take some pride in yourself, why must be dumb down out standard over
lazyness or because the rest of the world is?

Adair - KD5DYP