Old January 27th 05, 09:20 PM
M. van Wijk

Default How about a wire 1/4 vertical near a tree ???

Hello,

I just moved to a new location. My backyard has some 20 trees spread around
at a distance of 5 to max 10mtrs between each of them.
I would like to opt for a full size 40mtr(7Mhz) vertical and have (only)the
2 following options her:

1) full size 1/4 wire vertical inside fishing pole, mounted in a tree at a
foot height between 7 and 10mtrs from ground level. Some 4 elevated radials
will be added.

2) full size 1/4 wire vertical at ground level, parallel to a tree at a
distance of 0.5 till max 1 mtr. Ground screen will be some 16 pcs of wire
buried in the surrounding ground.

I have no clue about any effects of trees here. They are not pine trees.
There are lots of other parameters in the whole picture, but the trees is a
totally unkown factor for me.

Please share me your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

'73 Mark, PA5MW