Old January 28th 05, 01:15 AM
W4WNT

Try the vertical off the ground, keeping the base of the antenna and four
radials about 3-4 meters off the ground. should work quite well and uses
less radials. Theoretically you can use two radials (worth comparing, you
may be pleasantly surprised).

Bill, W4WNT

"M. van Wijk" pa5mwremove all(incl) between @home.nl wrote in message
Hello,

I just moved to a new location. My backyard has some 20 trees spread
around
at a distance of 5 to max 10mtrs between each of them.
I would like to opt for a full size 40mtr(7Mhz) vertical and have
(only)the
2 following options her:

1) full size 1/4 wire vertical inside fishing pole, mounted in a tree at a
foot height between 7 and 10mtrs from ground level. Some 4 elevated
radials
will be added.

2) full size 1/4 wire vertical at ground level, parallel to a tree at a
distance of 0.5 till max 1 mtr. Ground screen will be some 16 pcs of wire
buried in the surrounding ground.

I have no clue about any effects of trees here. They are not pine trees.
There are lots of other parameters in the whole picture, but the trees is
totally unkown factor for me.

Please share me your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

'73 Mark, PA5MW