Old January 28th 05, 03:06 AM
Jim Mandaville

Default Help with SP-600 alignment

I'm trying to touch up the oscillator on one band of my SP-600-JX6 (it's
about 20 kc off on the dial) and am having trouble getting any action
out of the C or L trimmers. Looking down through the first two uncapped
holes in the top of the front-end section: Looking straight down I see
nothing adjustable by screwdriver. Looking at a bit of inward angle I
see a possible adjustment point but it's a rather deep with a small
screw head and very difficult to "find" with my screwdrive tip (even
using quite fine tips). Am I after the right thing? Do these trimmers
had a tendency to freeze up or "lose" their slots? If so, can they be
reached by opening the compartment from below so they can be freed up?

I do have a service manual, but it's speechless on such little
mechanical problems.

Also, can anyone advise a source of SP-600 parts? I need a replacement
S-3, the rotary switch that links the crystal oscillator section to the
main front-end section.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Jim, KF7A