Old January 28th 05, 03:36 AM
Soliloquy

" wrote in news:1106836294.759604.45580
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I have an outdoor wire antenna, about 75 feet in length, connected to one
radio. The other radio is used with a strictly indoor antenna. This
consists of an 18 guage insulated wire (the wire is available in white from
Radio Shack)that goes once around the room at ceiling height. We live in a
wood frame house and the indoor antenna is on the second floor.
Surprisingly, the reception is quite good, I am usually able to receive
most broadcasts on either radio.

I guess the condo situation modifies your situation somewhat. If the
building is substantial (concrete and steel), access to the window/windows
is your best bet. Try to avoid running wire antennas close to other metal,
such as suspended ceilings or metal frame windows.

I really like the FGR-100B, have fun with it.

Soliloquy

Hello friends
I'm in a condo. I just received a fantastic receiver (FRG100B)..I'm
currently running a homebrew "Heli-Rope" Antenna (from June 1971 QST)
hanging on the wall. Just out of pure curiousity, have any one of you
run indoor antennas? What kind? How did yours work?
Thanks 73 Greg WDX9KHY