Old January 28th 05, 04:31 AM
Mark S. Holden

mike maghakian wrote:
I bought a radio described as in very good condition. when I got it, I would
rate it fair to good. when I wrote the seller, here was his first response:

I am sorry to hear that but this item is being sold
as-is. This was listed
very clearly. There is nothing we can do for you on this item.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

no where did he address that he was not giving the truth in the auction.

when I told him I would have to leave a negative for him, here was his
response:

Expect a negative in return for a buyer who doesn't read
auctions and is quick to leave negative feedback. Hope
your perfect record is worth it.

now where does "as-is" mean you can LIE about the item you are selling ? How
was I quick, I wrote him and he told me tough luck !

this is an area where the eBay system is seriously flawed. How can I give a
negative without getting one I don't deserve. maybe a class action alw suit
is in order here !

Depending on the details, you may be able to file a complaint of
misrepresentation, and a claim for reimbursement through ebay.

I'd do this before filing a neg.

If they agree the listing wasn't honest, they're likely to offer him the
chance to make good or get naru'd if they have to pay the claim. That's
likely to mean more to him than a neg.

Of course he may still neg you.

I made a claim a few years ago when a seller took the money and ran.
IIRC, they had a $25 deductible, and a $200 limit (really $175 after the
deductible.) You need to follow up on things as they have narrow time
windows where you need to take action to pursue the claim.