Old January 28th 05, 06:26 AM
starman

mike maghakian wrote:

I bought a radio described as in very good condition. when I got it, I would
rate it fair to good. when I wrote the seller, here was his first response:

I am sorry to hear that but this item is being sold
as-is. This was listed
very clearly. There is nothing we can do for you on this item.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

no where did he address that he was not giving the truth in the auction.

when I told him I would have to leave a negative for him, here was his
response:

Expect a negative in return for a buyer who doesn't read
auctions and is quick to leave negative feedback. Hope
your perfect record is worth it.

now where does "as-is" mean you can LIE about the item you are selling ? How
was I quick, I wrote him and he told me tough luck !

this is an area where the eBay system is seriously flawed. How can I give a
negative without getting one I don't deserve. maybe a class action alw suit
is in order here !

I've been lucky with Ebay so far, but your experience is why I'm still
very cautious about using them. I find that calling the seller and
talking to him is one way to get a pretty good idea about whether he can
be trusted. Most people don't lie well on the phone when they have to
answer questions quickly. Hope you get some satifaction with Ebay.