Old December 29th 04, 02:44 AM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:23:04 -0500, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

"Bob Miller" wrote
Did a Google on cleaning copper, and the most common cleaner for
copper pots appears to be vinegar and salt, or lemon juice and salt.
Maybe Worcestershire sauce has same ingredients?

Or, maybe I'll just have to drive a new ground rod :-)

Bob
k5qwg

Yessir my friend, the latter is your best move, and at about $12 it just
isn't worth the worry about longevity of a compromised electrode! Do resist
the temptation to push a new one back in the same hole, o.k.? ;-)

While you're at Home Depot, pick up a few, and add those extra ones you were
meaning to do. It might be Lowe's that carries the pre-cut 25' lengths of #4
copper grounding wire for about $8. These are such cheap solutions to
sleepless nights during thunderstorms!

My main problem is there is solid rock/limestone about a foot down. I
can't even penetrate it with my Glen Martin ground rod driver. So
putting down a new rod probably means digging a shallow ditch and
laying it down horizontally -- or laying some radial wire, or both.

bob
k5qwg

73,
Jack Painter