Old January 28th 05, 06:51 PM
craigm

I really have my doubts about this "world-wide renaissance of radio".
The average user of radio and especially SW isn't likely to go
to the added hassle of DRM. I have played with DRM and
I am very underwealmed. DRM radios consume much more
energy, IE much shorter battery life, then analog. A lot of
users have no access to "made" electricity and have to
rely on batteries. The greater radio complexity also promises
greater user headaches.
Just my thoughts.
Terry

You are talking about the first generation of a technology. You could
also say the same thing about digital displays on portable SW radios
when they were first available.

A portable CD player can run 50-80 hours on two AA batteries. Would you
have expected that when CDs were first introduced?

Think about where the technology could go.

craigm