Old January 28th 05, 11:09 PM
W4UDX

That's right! I forgot about that. They did install internally. I am pretty
sure I saw old ads for that compressor...

"Edward Knobloch" wrote in message
Mark, it's not a DX Engineering rf speech processor for Collins.
Those units were installed internal to the Collins equipment.
(You removed an i.f. amplifier tube, plugged the DX Engineering
device into the empty tube socket, and then plugged
the i.f. amplifier tube into the new socket on the DX Engineering device).

Trent's mystery device looks similar to a Comdel CSP-11
speech processor, but only because it uses the same cabinet
made by LMB.

The type of mic jack looks like that on a Drake TR-7.
I would guess this was a nice home-brew equivalent
of the Drake SP-75 speech processor,
with a headphone jack and volume control added for adjustment by ear.

73,
Ed Knobloch

W4UDX wrote:
Trent,
I looked it up and I think it's a DX Engineering speech processor. They
made 2 units, one for Collins 32-Sx transmitters, and one for the KWM-2
transceivers. Here are the model numbers:

LC-1-32S (for transmiiters)
RF LC-2-TR (for transceivers)

I believe the "RF" model is a true RF speech processor, while the other
one is just an audio compressor.
Hope this helps....

73
Mark W4UDX