Old January 28th 05, 11:21 PM
Gregg

Behold, Victor Lick scribed on tube chassis:

Thanks for the info, Gregg. In my original post I indicated that RF
knowledge is very limited (FM does not mean frequency modulation to me).
Your response was intelligent - my understanding is not.

Oh, OK ;-)

I gather I can build a loop of wire that resonates at 60KHz, put it in
my attic, and it will reradiate the signal. Does that sound right?
Won't it have to be big - the wavelength at 60KHz is 5000 meters!

It will create a resonant field and concentrate the 60KHz energy in your
house.

You can use a multi-turn loop. Square, 4-turns, maybe 2M per side and an
AM tuning capacitor.

I did do a search on the Internet and found a lot of stuff about
magnetic loop design but most of it appears to be connected to
transmitters. Do you have good links I can review?

The program you want is called MLOOP31.EXE (exact filename). That will
help you find it easier. All you need to know is the physical dimensions
of the antenna, like 2M/side, 1cm spacing, etc., physical dimensions of
the wire (alarm wire is 1mm in diameter for example) and so on. Just
ignore the dimensions for the feedloop.

Tell ya what - when I reboot into Windows, I'll use my copy to make some
calculations of some dimensions for you :-)

But you might want a copy for yourself, 'cause it's a real neat proggie!

Come to think of it, it's redistributable freeware - I can post it on
ABSE (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) tonight.

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca