Old January 29th 05, 06:01 PM
Dee Flint

"Dracos" wrote in message
Listen to 3945 kHz LSB

These individuals violate the regulations regarding profanity on the HF
band.

Check part 97, it only bans indecent and obscene speech. Nothing about
vulgarity or profanity. The ARRL publication of the FCC rules cites past
FCC cases and opinions as to what constitutes indecent or obscene speech.
To summarize very briefly, it is considered obscene or indecent when terms
widely considered to be offensive are used to describe sexual
activity/organs or excretory activity.

They are acting like those CBers

And there's one callsign that should be changed --
N1SOB in Palm Beach, FL.

The group was bad mouthing someone on the Liberty Net named "Victor" (Net
Control Station).
Saying that, "Victor is an ass. He thinks he's God and the Net is the best
thing since sliced bread."

While vulgar and in bad taste, this isn't obscene or indecent. And it is not
profanity.

One station calls his wife a "Real Estate Bitch"
A real family oriented ...he isn't, mmm-kay.

Again this is vulgar and in bad taste but it hardly fits the definitions of
obscene or indecent. And once again, it is not profanity. I certainly
would not speak so as I was raised better than that. I wouldn't even say
things like this in private and as far as that goes, I avoid even thinking
in vulgarities, etc.

Another station comes in from Connecticut and everyone gets all friendly
until he leaves, then they start their trash-talking.

Best thing to do is avoid such "nets." Much as we dislike them, they are
probably on the legal side of that fine line.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE