Old January 29th 05, 03:47 PM

OK I think I understand it now.
My sisiter has a HP laptop with built in wireless
support. I took it to work and we have a commons
area with an unrestricted WiFi port.
I played with her PC orver lunch, while several other
people used the same WiFi "port/device/wrieless hub".
You must have a hub that also has WiFi capacity.
If you have that, then you should be able to add several
additional WiFi users. At some point, about 5 in
the only situaiton I was in, the network gets real
slow. Even more so if someone is downloading
large data (think MP3) files.
So IF your router has built in WiFi, and you have
additional USB WiFi devices then yes you should be
able to add more users. The exact how to wil
depend on security issues.
When my aunt came in for Chrstmas, the hotel they
stayed in had WiFi. But when she fired up her laptop,
she connected to the next door hotel's WiFi port.

Terry