Old January 29th 05, 04:10 PM
Matt

"Jim - NN7K" wrote in message
om...
Well, just how DIFFICULT is it to plug in a radio to the CIGARETTE
LIGHTER hole (unless you smoke)?, or stick a mag mount on a steel roof ?
Lets let the whole thing go the CB route-- and be done with it (but
then, some folks will want to eliminate that fun, whih "SERVICES" that
pay their own way thru licensing fees ! As a TECHNICAL pool, admit it:
Amateur radio is now little more than a higher power CITIZENS /FREE
bander group, and is ripe for abolishment to the garbage can of history,
next to the buggy whips! Jim NN7K

Ahhhhhh, yes of course and the retention of CW will keep the riff raff out
won't it!! Really - the worst behaviour that I have heard from amateurs has
come from those whose licence class requires CW proficiency - didn't work
too well there did it? In the end, CW is just one of a huge number of
different modes that we have access to - as to why it should be retained,
well in my opinion, there are no valid reasons. CW is just another mode
that cann be used, and with the progression of time and improving
technology, requirement for HF users to demonstrate proficency is no longer
there.

Matt