Old January 29th 05, 04:31 PM
Matt

"Dee Flint" wrote in message
And many of the people who tout these digital modes as the "holy grail"
forget that CW is a digital mode and that each mode has advantages and
disadvantages. Depending on conditions, one mode will fail while another
will succeed. For example, PSK fails when there are disturbances causing
phase shifts, RTTY fails under conditions of high static. CW comes

through
in both cases. On the other hand, PSK is a winner on bandwidth usage,
minimal power consumption, and under weak but otherwise clear band
conditions. Every mode is important in its own way.

OK, talking in an precise fashion, yes, CW is a digital mode. I think that
the most important thing to take from your posting is your last comment -
indeed, CW is important, but not more than any other mode of comms. Remove
it as an unecessary barrier to HF access (personally it will not effect me -
I live in VK where we made this decision a couple of years agoand all is
well with the HF bands.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Matt