Old December 30th 04, 12:49 AM
Joel Kolstad

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
"Faraday shield" to some degree is a myth.

I'd say it's more a case of people tending to think that various metal
structures such as cars, airplnes, metal boxes, etc. are close to ideal
'Faraday shields' when, in actuality, they might only be a poor
approximation. (It's this line of reasoning that usually flummuxes people
when they try to shield a monitor that has a wavvy display from some
extneral field with a steel box and find it's not very effective.)

I have seen radars inside quonset huts track a *bird* flying a few
miles away (thru the metal wall)!

Hmm... any idea if the folks inside weren't being exposed to far more
radiation that what we'd typically consider safe? :-)

---Joel Kolstad