Old December 30th 04, 03:34 PM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:31:55 -0500, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

"Reg Edwards" wrote

Interesting to know Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce is available in the

USA.

I live in the next county to Worcestershire.

I cook for myself and use a small bottle in two or three weeks.

But as for your subsidiary use on ground rods I hope they're made of

carbon.
Ordinary metals are less resistant to attack than my stomach lining.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Lea & Perrins is the ONLY Worcestershre sauce! ;-)

Most of wouldn't waste it on ground rods, but I'm sure Bob thought that too
funny not to at least try.

Jack

Finally, success at last!!

I tried the Lea & Perrins Worchestershire overnight on the corroded
ground rod. It did little but attract 2-inch cockroaches.

This morning, I brought out the heavy stuff: a mixture of vinegar,
lemon juice and salt, applied with a steel wool pad.

It still wasn't working; my VOM showed no continuity.

So, a trip to Lowes for Brasso and sandpaper.

The Brasso did nothing. But the sandpaper (#150 fine) seemed to do the
trick. Now my VOM shows continuity in the cleaned area of the rod.

I'll probably augment this old ground rod with a new one laid in a
horizontal ditch (got rock about 12" down), but at least the old rod
is working again.

Bob
k5qwg