Old January 30th 05, 08:23 PM
Buck

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:02:08 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Buck wrote:
Here is the URL to a home-brew 4:1 balun that should work from 160-10
meters. I am interested in a 6:1 balun.

Could you tell us why you are interested in a 6:1 balun?

Sure, thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at OCF dipoles and there are some that don't
appear to need a tuner when using a 6:1 balun. I have this dumb
obsession with learning about and working on multiband antennas that
don't need tuners.

I see some of the designs, and I would like to try them. Since the
4:1 is made from material in which I have an abundance, I would like
to know if I can make a 6:1 balun with the same stuff. While I am
thinking about that, if so, I would like to know if there is a rule of
thumb about making baluns like that so I can experiment with various
versions.

One OCF that I looked at showed an acceptable SWR on all bands between
30 and 6 meters with the exception of 17 meters. That's the kind of
thing I like to see and work with.

--
Buck
N4PGW