Old December 31st 04, 10:49 AM
Airy R. Bean

We have to spend so much time during our own time
in education learning the achievements of past heroes, that
perhaps when our own time comes, we are intellectually
exhausted?

Also, "Necessity being the mother of invention" does not feature
when you can buy large quantities of hi-tech sophistication at
bargain-basement prices.

The spirit of enquiry dies.

We can do our bit in the world of Ham Radio by encouraging
our fellows to dabble in the innards of radios (rather than
by visiting the local emporium in order to buy a rice box
and then returning to the emporium when the "snap crackle
and pop" has gone out of it)

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
I sometimes think that the relatively few engineers between 1790 and 1890
performed greater engineering feats than the many who followed them into

the
present age of electronic and genetic engineering. They devoted the whole

of
their lives to their work.