Old January 30th 05, 10:12 PM
lsmyer

I am very pleased with my 1103. I have owned three different 7600gr radios
and I just wasn't impressed. The 1103 has a much better sounding speaker.
Plus, the 1103 has a tuning knob but it still maintains the advantages of
being a digital radio.

To me, I have arranged the memories on 1103 in sequential order: MW to SW to
FM. When I need to access a particular frequency, I just give knob a spin or
two and I'm there. I've never found a reason to access any memory directly,
so it really doesn't matter to me if a memory is named 1c or 23.

A previous poster claimed that "the memory retrieval feature has a serious
bug when used on FM and MW. When a stored channel is retrieved from FM, the
firmware also retrieves the highest numbered memory used for MW."

That's not quite right on my 1103 anyway. What I have observed is that the
radio remembers the last frequency tuned on each of its 12 bands. That means
that when you switch from one band to the other, the radio tunes to the last
station you listened to on that particular band. To me, that's a pretty nice
feature.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think the 1103 is the best radio made. I have
others that I like better, depending upon my mood. But for my needs and
tastes, the 1103 comes closer to perfection than did the 7600gr.