Old January 30th 05, 10:38 PM
David

Big Brother would like each home to have broadband.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:20:54 -0000, Soliloquy
wrote:

I was listening to a show on shortwave this afternoon, and they were
discussing the fight to implement BPL around the world. They were saying
that HAMs are being mischaracterized as lunatics and relics so that they
can sway the public to support the implementation of BPL.

I hope the people so desperate for BPL are never in an area of widespread
disaster, say vacationing where the tsunami hit. Though the BPL
interference would be gone with the destruction of the powerlines, likely
HAMs would not be there to help either, since the abolition of their hobby
would leave them with little interest or equipment.

Though the computer oriented people are zealous to implement another un-
needed communication mode, I hope that HAMs and SWLers continue to resist
the implementation of systems causing widespread interference to
communication, especially communication that can be and is routinely used
to help the public when disasters strike.

Soliloquy