Old January 30th 05, 11:30 PM
Telamon

In article y58Ld.13$Ae5.4@trnddc04, "Burr" wrote:

Long BUT Worth Reading........
Guest Column: No Relief in Sight for the Lincoln
By Ed Stanton

It has been three weeks since my ship, the USS Abraham Lincoln,

arrived off the Sumatran coast to aid the hundreds of thousands of victims
of the Dec. 26 tsunami that ravaged their coastline. I'd like to say that
this has been a rewarding experience for us, but it has not: Instead, it has
been a frustrating and needlessly dangerous exercise made even more
difficult by the Indonesian government and a traveling circus of so-called
aid workers who have invaded our spaces.

Snip

I was able to get about half way through reading this and had to stop.

There are people that are of real help and there are those that are
not.

The UN and news crews are not there to help people. The UN people are
there out of self importance and living off the backs of others. The
news crews are there to record and broadcast the devastation as a way
to make a living.

Both groups should never have been allowed on military ship as their
support base. The only time either group should be on board is in
support of the ships mission not the other way around.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California