Old January 31st 05, 01:01 AM
Soliloquy

David wrote in
:

Perhaps my lunacy is showing, but personally I think that this is the sole
reason that the U.S. Government is pushing so vehemently for BPL. Since
connections to the power receptacles will allow your computer to
communicate with the world, so too would the same connection allow any
device, if so designed, to communicate. Your TV and clock radios will be
spying on you. In theory, to a limited degree (TV's and Cable Boxes), cable
ISPs would also offer this feature, but even though not everyone has cable,
virtually (with the exception of the Amish), everyone has electricity.

If you have followed the debate, FEMA originally opposed BPL due to the
possible interference with emergency level communications, but they later
changed their mind (or had it changed for them).

BPL is an answer looking for a problem.

Soliloquy.

Big Brother would like each home to have broadband.