Old January 31st 05, 02:42 PM
Cecil Moore

Buck wrote:
This is the antenna I want to copy before I start experimenting:
http://hamcall.net/6bandmegpole.html

Hi Buck, they don't give exact building information as far
as I can tell. Here's what they say: Inverted V with the
center at 32 ft and ends at 8 ft. Approximately 135 ft
long fed with 100 ft of RG-213.

Why 32 ft with the ends at 8 ft? Because that is the
configuration that gives the advertised values of SWR.
Why 100 ft of RG-213? Because the losses in the coax
results in the advertised values of SWR. If you deviate
from their configuration including having different
ground conditions, you will, no doubt, need an antenna
tuner for some bands. They have probably fine tuned their
configuration so they can make their claims which you
probably will not be able to duplicate. I don't want to
discourage your experimentation - just make a prediction
based on experience.

If you really want an efficient all-eight-HF-band antenna
requiring no tuner, you can find one on my web page at
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/notuner.htm
If you don't want to go to the trouble of varying the
length of your feedline, you can at least learn what
you are up against in your quest.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp