Old January 31st 05, 10:14 AM
Lucky

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Lucky" wrote in
:

I downloaded it and am using it on and off. It's a little buggy. It
crashed my system and I had to ctrl/alt/del the system to shut the
process down. It also generated an "Exception Error" once, when I was
attempting to use the tune up/down arrows below the tuning knob.

The crash happened when I was tuning the radio by hand despite being
connected to operate via the program. Since then, I have ceased changing
the radio settings while the program had control, I have had no more
problems.

I wasn't expecting the ability to control the volume of the radio speaker
from the program, a nice feature of this software. It can give you the
impression that something is wrong with your radio when you realize that
the radio volume knob is turned up, but no sound ensues. It took me a
little longer than usual to get used to the program's features, but they
look impressive.

I especially like the ability to "sound process" the signal that is sent
to the PC speakers. This necessitates turning the volume down on the
radio, since there is a slight delay between the radio speaker sound and
the PC sound.

I did a post earlier in this group concerning a numbers station. I found
it while controling the radio with this program, using the scan function,
and was also impressed with the sound processor clearing up the signal.

Overall, very nice.

Thanks.

One of the BEST software for the R75 is RXplus. It's not free but you
have a 30 day trial. Download it and try it. It has so many features
like auto ECSS and decoding, but too many too mention. I worked with
the coder of this software for the Kenwood R5000.

He controled my computer thru remote desktop from Canada to here in
Florida. It took him a couple weeks and he added the R-5000 to the
list his software works with. You'll love it and won't be able to stop
fooling aound with it. It even works on the Drake R8a/b.
It also can do DRM in some cases with it's built in 12Khz IF.

He
http://www.cam.org/~noelbou/RxPlus/

Have fun
Lucky

I have been using it for like 1 year with no system crashes. If you want,
find the Exe file for the program in the proper folder. Right click on the
Exe file and go to the "compatibility" tab. Choose to "run this program in
compatibility mode" then choose another operating system like windows 95 or
to the OS you're using.

You can also download "pictures" with RXplus. That's SSTV which I'm not
familiar with at all. I mean I never used it yet.

Oh it's great for audio. Once you get over the learning curve which is
pretty simple, this is great software. I can use it with 3 of my radio
collections so far.

1] Kenwood R-5000
2] Ten Tec 320-D
3] Icom R-75

I could use it with my JRC NRD-525 also but I need to buy the computer card
for it from France. It's really very compact and cheap at $80 compared to
the other software on the market. So, if you have more then one radio that
this software works with, you really harvest all the benfits. I tried to
convince Noel to give it away for free but it didn't work

Anyway keep working with it. There is a Yahoo group started by him just for
his software. Address all bugs directly to him there since he supports it
vigorously.

Lucky