Old January 31st 05, 02:07 PM
dxAce

Volker Tonn wrote:

Lucky schrieb:

You can run it active with a 9 volt battery too.
But, the 150 has a built in preamp. But that's only for the whip right?
Still, you can clip a longwire to the antenna.

This idea ist not that good for me. I like to feed the preamp with a
sinal from the attic 6th floor (my appartment is on base floor) and not
with computer noise :-) There are some unused chimneys I run some
coax-feedlines through. Unfortunately I'm forbidden to go on top of the
roof :-((

Do you find that you need a pre-selector where you are at due to high signal
levels from various sources or is there another reason why you need one.

I've never found a reason here to use an 'outboard' pre-selector.

dxAce
Michigan
USA