Old January 31st 05, 02:52 PM
Lucky

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message
Lucky schrieb:

I have the FRA-7700

I have it too :-)
I have nodified it to feed an external antenna with BNC connector. So
it
makes a fine selective HF preamp. I've this thing cascaded with the
FRT-7700.
It works fine with my Sony but it doesn't make anything better on my
NRD-525.

You can run it active with a 9 volt battery too.
But, the 150 has a built in preamp. But that's only for the whip right?
Still, you can clip a longwire to the antenna.

Lucky

I'm pretty sure it's set up like the 7030. The whip connects to the
regular
antenna jack. You can use the preamp with any antenna, but if it's a
large one,
you should expect overloading.

Ok that's better. I'm spoiled by the preamps on the R-75.

Lucky