Old January 31st 05, 06:24 PM
Cecil Moore

Buck wrote:
( Not to argue with you, but I considered your feedline switches a
form of tuner, just not conventional .

More precisely, a form of tuned feeders.

One thing I didn't find about the antenna was the bandwidth of 40/80
meters or an SWR chart for each band. (I realize that you might not be
able to do that easily, I'm just stating an observation.)

The HF bandwidth of that antenna *plus* the tuned feeders is 27
MHz, all the way from 3 to 30 MHz with an SWR of less than 2:1
(for the ham bands). I haven't measured the SWR outside of the
ham bands. There's a graphic that shows the SWR=2:1 bandwidth
for 40m to be about 160 kHz for a fixed length of ladder-line.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp