Old January 31st 05, 07:43 PM
alanwest

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Aiming a station at "children of the
60s" means broadcasting to people who've been exposed to everything
that's happened since. Many of us like much of the music that's been
produced from the 50s to right now. Playing only 60s music is a killer.

I wonder if the daydreamers who thought up the idea of putting a
commercial radio station on a ship 4 miles out in the North Sea have
considered that they would be increasing their costs by something like
a factor of ten? Have they considered what they would be doing to their
cashflow?

Ofcom will take one look at this and wonder what other potty ideas the
applicant has in store. It seems likely they will put it through the
shredder at the first stage of assessment.