Old January 31st 05, 03:17 PM
Mark S. Holden

Lucky wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:
snip

It also depends a lot on the condition of it since the radio is not very
old
but it has enought years on it where you should be careful buying. I'm
sure
Mike checks his stuff out good before he sells it.

Lucky

Never bought a radio from Mike, but he does have a good reputation.

Besides condition, options will be a factor - some have backlights for the
LCD,
others don't.

Two variants you don't see very often are the Marine and Europa versions.
The
Europa had improved specs and a stronger front end. Not sure what the
difference was on the Marine one other than it was white.

Yes but I hear the Europa model is far and few between. I would buy a little
pen light for the original 150 at night. I bet it wouldn't be hard to hook
at a good LED right over the display.

Lucky

I spent over a year looking for a Europa. The only one I found was at a dealer
in the Netherlands, but they wouldn't export to the USA.

While you could use a penlight, the back light is a convenience - less stuff to
keep track of.