Old January 31st 05, 03:47 PM

JShorr wrote:
Are there any drawbacks to this model? I don't know what I'm talking
about here, but I've read about a problem on some receivers with

drift
and also some receivers not being able to pick up certain broadcasts.
Does this have either of these problems?
Also, amazon carries the Sony ICF-SW7600GR -- is this the same model?

Yes, it's the same model. I just forgot to writ the 'SW'.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about drift unless I were buying a more
more expensive receiver. The 7600 will be fine. It's the best in its
class (at least in my and many other peoples' opinions).

As for not being able to hear certain kinds of broadcasts, there's no
receiver that can hear all broadcasts. It will come with a reel type
antenna that will improve reception, and you might consider buying the
Sony active loop model AN-LP1. It works very well with the 7600GR.

What kinds of things do you want to hear? The 7600GR will be fine for
the major broadcasters and, if you want to listen to hams from time to
time, it does surprisingly well on SSB for a radio of its size and
price.

Steve