Old January 31st 05, 04:11 PM

I was all set to buy a 150 Europa from a fellow, but just as he was
about to sell it to me, he told me his primary receiver went on the
blink and so he no longer wanted to sell. I was a little bummed about
this. At the same time, I was also concerned about the 150 Europa, as
some people reported that, in addition to its stronger front end, it
was also a bit less sensitive than the standard 150.

In any event, I ended up getting a standard 150...actually, it's not
entirely standard because it's one of the 'black case' 150s assembled
by South Midlands Communications. These were among some of the very
last 150s made. It has to take back seat to an R8B in my house, but
it's a damned impressive little receiver just the same. The build
quality is amazing and the tuning knob is wonderful...it's smooth,
gentle action will rock you to sleep!

Steve