Old January 31st 05, 05:16 PM

I'm not familiar with the SW07. As Leowood indicated the tuning knob
is a definite plus on the DE1103. I find that tuning a knob is much
easier than punching up/down buttons for casual bandscanning. It just
seems easier to move through a band and reverse directions with one
thumb on a wheel.

I used and completely wore out a Sony ICF-2002 (7600D) which was the
original version of the current 7600. My only complaint was all the
button pushing to tune through a band.

I also used and partly wore out a Sony ICF-7700 which used a
digital/analog display similar to the DE1103. While the 7700 had some
performance limitations, it did use a tuning wheel and that made tuning
the bands a breeze. It was fine for listening to major broadcasters
and MW and FM stations.