Old January 31st 05, 06:43 PM

Not sure what all you are looking for or the age. Here's a couple of
National Radio possibilities though:
Look for an HRO 60 (love that dial) or a 100ASD.

Michael Lawson wrote:
I'm planning on making my first trip in 5 years up to
Dayton, and I'm on a mission to go hunting for a
good boatanchor. Hell, part of the reason why I've
been adding some lifting to my workouts has been
to haul one of those babies back to my car over at
the Salem Mall (or whatever the hell they call that
empty shell now).

Ideally, I'd like a Hammarlund HQ-180AC, which
I've used before for about 3-4 months, but I'm
realistic enough to know that with the demand for
one that I'm not probably going to land one. My
big question, then, is what would be a good
alternative?? I'm not interested in the R390/A
(the demand thing again), or the SP-600 or SX-88
either. I don't really know too much about the
50's-60's Hallicrafters models, and the only other
model I'm familiar with other than the HQ-160 is
the Hallicrafters S-20R Sky Champion.

I've thought about hunting for a Hallicrafters SX-100,
but that's about it. Anyone have some models
that would be worth it to hunt for?? Once I get
a list, I'll go doing some online research and narrow
my choices down (starting with dxing.com, naturally).

--Mike L.