Old January 31st 05, 08:33 PM
Joe Analssandrini

Dear Jim,

As I stated, I never owned one. But having read "plenty" about the
Hammarlund radios at the time (they were considered second only to
Collins then), I know that this radio is a true work of art. In the
early '60s it was considered one of the very best ham-band receivers.

Hammarlund always featured (according to contemporary reviews)
stability second-to-none. Their dials were particularly well-calibrated
also. They were, as you can see, constructed like a tank. Their
sensitivity and selectivity were also top-notch. Internal speakers were
not included in those "boat-anchors" mainly because there was no room
for them! Yours is a particular "heavy-weight," both in mass and
performance.

I can't answer any particular questions concerning this receiver as I
never even had personal experience with one (though I sure wish I
had!). But I think its reputation at the time and even now speaks for
itself. Take good care of it and, if you ever do sell it, don't sell it
cheap!

Best,

Joe