Old January 31st 05, 08:37 PM
Stephan Grossklass

JShorr schrieb:

How much of a problem is it that the 7600 doesn't have an analog-style
tuning knob?

That depends. Some people actually prefer the 7600G/GR tuning key layout
to a Sangean-style tuning knob. That said, you're never as fast scanning
bands as with an analog set. But overall I don't think it's overly
dramatic. Reception wise the 7600GR is certainly still very good in its
class, with SSB being hard to beat due to Sony's "secret weapon"
CXA1376. I would certainly like to get my hands on a datasheet of that
IC, being a very curious nature in things like this. (I guess it would
be in Japanese, though.)

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W