Old December 31st 04, 11:29 PM
Bob P

I like the welding idea but sold my arc welder b4 moving to the new house
:-(
I've been playing with an end fed 100' wire antenna and it seems to work
pretty well and is nearly invisible to boot. I've got access to trees maybe
200, 300 feet out. Just need to pick up a wristrocket.
Bob

"'Doc" wrote in message
Bob,
The 'quick'n'dirty' answer is don't waste your time burying
the ladder line. If you have to bury a feed line make it coax
(one of the reasons it was invented, to be able to run it close
to 'stuff', or ground). Still want to try it? Then why not. The
losses may be acceptible to you (sort of doubt that, but...), and
it would be an interesting experiment.
'Doc

ALTERNATIVE #1
Take up metal welding 'scupture'. Build a huge ~ugly~ thingy
in the backyard. Hang dipole over the top of it (call it a lightning
protection device). 'They' will be so upset over the 'sculpture'
they'll never even see the dipole. Invest in a good divorce attorney.