Old February 1st 05, 03:16 AM
Hatfield

Default What's the most enjoyable receiver you've ever owned?

My Zenith Transoceanic, one of the older vacuum tube models, the G500.
By today's standards its big, like a suitcase. Glorious tone controlled
by several sound organ buttons. Off the huge SW whip it's still hot as
a firecracker sensitivity wise.

By the way, the detachable wave-magnet was supposed to be suction
cupped onto the window of your commuter train or airliner. Can't you
just imagine someone today boarding with such a mega boombox?

But around the home its more fun than all my modern rigs put together...