Old February 1st 05, 03:43 AM
Michael

"JShorr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just ordered the Sony, but had one last comparison question (I could
do a return).

I just read an advertisement for the eton E10 and E100. Anyone have
thoughts on these two models as compared to the ICF-SW7600GR?

Hiya,

I have both the Sony 7600gr and the PL-550 which is the exact same radio as
the E10. The PL-550 is a nice radio, but the Sony 7600gr is the better
performer in just about every category. The only performance advantage that
the PL-550 has over the Sony is audio quality. The PL-550 has more defined
and better sounding audio. The Sony is way better for resolving signals.
The PL-550 in my experience is also prone to overload and images. The Sony
is way more selective. The ssb selectable AM sync on the Sony is also a
great feature. The PL-550 doesn't even have ssb capabilities. The 7600gr
is also a great radio for medium wave dx'ing. Also... When I purchased my
PL-550 brand new, I paid half of what the E10 is being sold for. The PL-550
at $60.00 brand new is a TREMENDOUS value. The E10 at $130.00 is not such a
great deal considering it is in the same price range with a superior radio
like the 7600gr. I really love my PL-550, but I cant see how you'd want to
pay for a new E10 over a new Sony 7600gr. IMO, the 7600gr is the best of
all the portables out there. I even prefer it over the more expensive
Sangean 909 for program listening.
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: 7600GR,KA-1101,KA-1102
PL-550, KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com