Old February 1st 05, 04:17 AM
Joe Analssandrini

Dear Jerry,

If you've read some of my previous posts, you know I own a Lafayette
Model HE-10 receiver, along with its associated speaker, the HE-11. I
bought these in April 1962. At that time I also bought a pair of
Clevite "Brush" BA-200 headphones. I still have all of these and they
still work as well as they did when new. (The only "service" the radio
has required is a few tube replacementts.)

This was my main short wave radio for 38(!) years until I bought a
Grundig Satellit 800 in 2000. Last year I bought what I consider to be
the finest short wave radio ever made, the AOR AR7030 Plus.

I have never owned (or even seen) a radio that performs like the
AR7030. But I will always have a "soft spot" in my heart for that old
Lafayette. Every couple of months, I turn it on, wait a half-hour for
it to "settle down," and then search out signals, just like in the old
days. Even with the same antenna as on the AOR, there is no comparison
in sensitivity or selectivity, but there is (and always will be for me)
something "magical" about that old radio!

Best,

Joe