Old February 1st 05, 03:00 PM
Vinnie S.

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 04:57:49 GMT, "U Know Who" wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:20:39 -0500, wrote:

I did a frequency check to see where this antenna is tuned. It seems to
be tuned
for 26.500-26.800 MHz. The SWR is a flat 1.2 across that band. It starts
when I go below or above that band.

Because of the close proximity of the roof structure inside the attic
you are adding more capacitance to the antenna than what would
normally be there.

In order to bring the antenna back into resonance you'll need to
counteract the increased capacitance by decreasing the inductance.

This is done by shortening the antenna.

I don't believe you'll ever be able to get your match as low as you
could in free air. This is because you'll get more induced antenna
currents whenever the antenna is located inside a house.

I got it down to 1.5 on 40, and 1.3 on 1. I can probably get it down to
1.3 on
40, and that is it.

Vinnie S.

How did you do it? And BTW, that's a wonderful match.

Cap off like you said, brought id down to about 2. I clipped some wire for the
rest. If I put the cap back on, I have to clip a little more. Firestik says they
cut their antenna extra long, so when it tuned to 26.5-26.8, I figured it might
work.

Vinnie S.