Old February 1st 05, 12:12 PM
dxAce

Jim Douglas wrote:

Keep the scanner, just another toy to listen to when SW listening is bad.

You need to set your clock! It's only the 1st of February.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

"JShorr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased (though it hasn't yet arrived) my first SW radio, the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR.

I currently use a little Uniden Sportcat to scan a couple of
police/emergency and ham frequencies. Would it be safe to give the
SportCat to my little nephew, or are there things that it will pick up
that the ICF-SW7600GR will not?

Also, I ordered a copy of Passport 2005 -- if you had to reccomend just
one or two more books or websites (hopefully websites) what would you
reccomend for the beginner?