Old February 1st 05, 02:59 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"raoul" wrote:
Did you ever put D-sizes in the FRG-7? I don't own one but a friend
does. He's never put "D"s in but it is possible.

raoul

3 or 4 times every year, I do. Expect decent battery life
with headphones on and dial lights off. I think a gel cell
might be the way to go, though, or NiMH batteries, and
am looking into this.

The battery boxes on the FRG7s you might see for sale
nowadays are getting more rare. Folks tended to leave
batteries in the battery box, and they would leak, destroying
the assembly.

I think the FRG7 is the most fun receiver I've ever used,
and to tie in with another thread, it's really very quiet.

Overall, it's a wonderful radio for everyday use - my other
radios rarely are used.

73,

Steve