Old February 1st 05, 09:02 PM
clvrmnky

On 01/02/2005 2:52 PM, Airy R.Bean wrote:
Be very careful which version of Morse Code you learn
from encyclopaedias!

A few years ago, a couple of guys turned up at Portishead
Radio to take the 12 WPM test and were failed when it came to
sending because they had learned from an old encyclopaedia
what was the old Yank landline code!

Heh. I'm assuming that I'll need to learn International Morse.
American Morse isn't very common, is it?

I figure I'll learn to read by listening in on the beginner frequencies
out there. I've read some stern warnings about touching a key until I
can read relatively accurately. Well, I can pick out "CQ" as of yesterday.

I do have a bit of confusion about "Farnsworth" and friends, which I'm
slowly clearing up by reading some online refs.
--
clvrmnky

Heat up and unmunge email to reply.