Old January 2nd 05, 02:20 AM
Roy Lewallen

I've laid radials out over a lawn a number of times. The grass roots
grow right over them in a short time, and the radials just disappear. No
problems mowing. I do staple them down with pieces of electric fence
wire bent into a U shape, to keep them down against the ground until the
grass grows over them.

But this is an exceptionally good area for growing grass -- grass seed
is the largest agricultural crop around here.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

wrote:

Nice looking installation but how will you mow the lawn next spring
when the grass grows up thru your radial farm? Without the mower eating
the radials?? I'd bury the things and forget them but I'm curious about
how you plan to solve the problem.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH