Old January 31st 05, 12:40 AM
tianli

There is nothing I could say without a long dissertation about China and the
CCP that could ever possibly make your little itty bitty brain understand.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe you would care to explain how you inferred from my comments about
good radios being made in China that I'm promoting communism. While
you are at it be sure to note which kind.

DeWayne wrote:
And so you're promoting Communism?

wrote in message
oups.com...
"The Degen is made in China by a Communist Party owned factor*y.
The 7600GR is made in Japan by a free enterprise company."

What possible significance is there to one radio being made in China

vs
one made in Japan. The Japanese must be concerned about the quality
and pricing of chinese goods because they are dropping out of the
shortwave market and are outsourcing more of their production in

China.
And, just so that we fully understand what you mean please tell us

what
a free enterprise company is.

tianli wrote:
Can anyone tell me the differences, opinions... between that

receivers
(Degen DE1103 and Sony ICF-SW7600GR)?

The Degen is made in China by a Communist Party owned factory.
The 7600GR is made in Japan by a free enterprise company.

The Degen ergonomics S.u.c.k.s. which will make you curse every

penny
you
spent on it every time you attempt to operate it.
The 7600GR ergonomics are superb.

Repairs or replacement parts are non-existent for the Degen.
Sony parts and repair and relatively easy to acquire.

A technical manual does not exist for the Degen
Sony technical manuals are easily obtained.

If the Degen breaks toss it in the trash. Spend more money for

another
receiver.
The Sony 7600GR is relatively well built and is repairable. But is

less
likely to need repair.

You get what you pay for!