Old February 2nd 05, 02:43 PM
Jaddled Burf-Whummy

Yeah, it's self explanatory, so get a life, like that other guy said ...
r yu stewped?

"T-bone" wrote in message
9.130...
"Lou" wrote in
.verio.net:

Hi Gang,

I know this isn't a "legal" group, but hear me out. We all know - there
have been laws passed in various states as to where scanners are allowed
and not allowed, particularly in motor vehicles - be they Ham operators
or not - unless involved with Police/Fire/EMS (you get the drift). So
far as I am still aware, PA is not included in any such laws. BUT - for
the sake of this question, I'm going to include PA in part of the
question.... SO here goes... and you - where ever you are, can tell me
what the laws are in your area as they may pertain to this subject so as
not to drag this out more than need be - as we know the scanner law
question has been beaten down many times in here in the past.
************ Though states may not allow "Mobile" scanners... do they
have in those same laws or any other laws, any thing that remotely
relates to a "hand held" scanner being carried - ESPECIALLY - on board
say - a "Transit" bus? Now, I know that "transit buses" have signs and
perhaps a policy - often loosely enforced, as to having radios and the
like (CD players and such) played so as not to disturb other passengers.
But is there any "LAWS" keeping a person from carrying a "scanner" on
board a bus? Oh, and I'm not referring to any laws which may cover if a
scanner were to be used in the course of a crime being committed. I'm
talking having one - in general.

I had a person tell me just today, a bus operator told them "A scanner
was illegal aboard a bus." The bus in question was in PA (the driver
didn't refer to PA specifically though), and I asked the party if they
had headphones on - they said yes. I know that most if not all the time,
IF headphones are worn, the radio or whatever is not brought into
question. I personally think the driver stepped WAY out of his league of
knowledge.

Your thoughts?????

Thanks,

Lou

Seems to me that the phrase 'mobile use of a scanner is prohibited' is
pretty self explanitory.