Old February 2nd 05, 04:56 PM
Cat

We're not all goody-two-shoes types, in fact, I know of a guy that USED to
post stuff in this NG who was just the opposite, he used scanners to beat
the cops regularly (as do a lot of this NGs regulars to this day, you can
tell who they are because they feel the greatest need to hide behind loud,
strident exclamations of shocked,
"I'm-so-aghast-at-the-idea-of-using-scanners-in-an-unlawful-manner"
As for bus drivers, whoa. I for one am not too fond of some of those
dyed-in-the-wool rodents. The personality disorders of some of these
individuals is pathetic, they should have these retards working in the back
of a warehouse somewhere they NEVER come into contact with the public, never
mind on a public bus where they can brag to each other about how far they
keep people running after the bus before speeding away, and how many old
people they knock down by sudden acceleration/deceleration for no reason
other than an old person is standing up and vulnerable to being pushed over.
My advice to you is, use your scanner wherever and whenever you damn well
want to, and use it for whatever you want to. How are they going to know?

"Lou" wrote in message
.verio.net...
Hi Gang,

I know this isn't a "legal" group, but hear me out. We all know - there
have been laws passed in various states as to where scanners are allowed
and not allowed, particularly in motor vehicles - be they Ham operators or
not - unless involved with Police/Fire/EMS (you get the drift). So far as
I am still aware, PA is not included in any such laws. BUT - for the sake
of this question, I'm going to include PA in part of the question.... SO
here goes... and you - where ever you are, can tell me what the laws are
in your area as they may pertain to this subject so as not to drag this
out more than need be - as we know the scanner law question has been
beaten down many times in here in the past.
************************************************** ***********************************
Though states may not allow "Mobile" scanners... do they have in those
same laws or any other laws, any thing that remotely relates to a "hand
held" scanner being carried - ESPECIALLY - on board say - a "Transit" bus?
Now, I know that "transit buses" have signs and perhaps a policy - often
loosely enforced, as to having radios and the like (CD players and such)
played so as not to disturb other passengers. But is there any "LAWS"
keeping a person from carrying a "scanner" on board a bus? Oh, and I'm not
referring to any laws which may cover if a scanner were to be used in the
course of a crime being committed. I'm talking having one - in general.

I had a person tell me just today, a bus operator told them "A scanner was
illegal aboard a bus." The bus in question was in PA (the driver didn't
refer to PA specifically though), and I asked the party if they had
headphones on - they said yes. I know that most if not all the time, IF
headphones are worn, the radio or whatever is not brought into question. I
personally think the driver stepped WAY out of his league of knowledge.

Your thoughts?????

Thanks,

Lou